Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer is coming to a close

First, I apologize for my lack of posts...

The feeling of summer coming to an end is close. Rafting here in NC is slowing down as students go back to school and families are no longer coming to the mountains. Work has still been steady though with most of our guides returning to school and leaving us old guys to work the shop or hit the river when we do have a trip. I was able to get out yesterday with a good size group and had one of the best days on the river this year. Tomorrow we have about a hundred clients and another big trip next Saturday... hopefully we also get one or two weekday trips in between. Jake and I are planning on leaving right after Labor Day, the 7th of Sept. on a 3 day journey back to Missoula. I am so excited to get there! I can't wait to see Jess and Sam (its been 2 weeks tomorrow since they left) and I can't wait to move into our dream house! Its going to be awesome!

I had the day off on Tuesday and made it back to Big Rocks on the Noli in TN. Another super fun session with a good level. Loops, back loops, and McNastys! I paddled for about 3 hours until I was exhausted. Being only able to paddle once a week or even once in a few weeks, I am defiantly out of shape. I am excited to be back in Missoula where I can get back on a routine and paddle everyday.

Jake, Danielle, and the kids also went to Dolly Wood earlier this week leaving Sundace and me all alone in the house. We hung tough! Made me miss Sam a little more, but it was nice having a dog to take on a hike and to the shop! Can't wait to see my boy Samuel! 

Here's a few pics... 

Lydia trying to play jump rope with Sundance

Last Saturday we were able to attend the Baptism of Jake and Danielle's kids. Ollie, Levi, and Lydia were all Baptized by Carl in the Elk River. Relatives from both sides of the family came into town for the event... We went out to dinner after, church on Sunday, and a Sunday brunch. It was great to be there cheering on three of the coolest kids! 

Hanging in my new ENO Hammock! Jess you are going to love yours 

 Sundance chilling as I relax in the Hammock

Just another trip in the EOW Van

Danielle and the kids took off for Indiana to hang out with her folks before flying back to Missoula on Saturday where Jess will pick them up from the airport. So its back to the boys up at the house hanging out around the table telling stories. I am working the shop this morning and we are planning on going for a hike this afternoon. Its funny how the summer is ending almost the same way it started. Only thing that is missing is Jess and Sam. Miss you guys! 

Also, Thanks to my folks and there good friend I now have a car again. After selling my subaru, buying a VW van, selling the van to come here this summer and sharing Jessica's subaru across the country... I am now the proud owner of a 1985 Ford F-150! My dad's friend has rebuilt the motor, transmission, and put new brakes on it. It is in amazing condition and I got a great deal on it! Jess was able to go see it this week and send me some pics. As she put it, "It's pretty baller baby!" Check it out!

Eat your heart out Montana! 


Going to be really nice to have a truck back in Montana! I am going to build a bed in the back so that we can camp and paddle out of it. Pretty stoked! Thanks Pops! 

Peace from the east! Riz 

No comments:

Post a Comment