Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Sweet Dream House!

As most of you know Joe and I didn't exactly have a place to live upon moving up to Missoula.  I spent all day Monday looking at places and striking out left and right. Places were either too far from town, in a sketchy neighborhood, run down, or just plain dumpy.  After much stress (and a few tears) we decided it was in our best interest to bump up our budget, find a place, and find a roommate (just as we did last year in SLC).

Joe and I looked at places in Missoula in May and the beauty pictured below was on the market. We got to take a tour of it and absolutely fell in love with it!  Unfortunately, neither of us had $250,000 laying around to buy it, so we were forced to forget about our dream house.


After another unsuccessful day of looking at places yesterday I noticed a new one listed on craigslist "205 Brooks St."  Could it be?! Our dream house was for rent? I immediately sent an e-mail explaining how we'd been through the house before, loved it, and would love to rent it.  I met with Catherine, the home's owner, today and she told me how it was under contract, fell through on closing day, and now they were forced to rent it as they could no longer afford 2 mortgages.

I loved the house just as much, if not more, than the first time I saw it. We chatted for a while and I left. The opportunity arose for Joe and I to move into a different house, but I knew I wanted this one. I let Catherine know our situation and she immediately said we were good to move in. I can't believe the house I fell in love with, but couldn't afford to buy will now be the house I will be renting my first year of graduate school. I couldn't feel more blessed.  Thank you universe for hearing my call.












With Love from Missoula,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful. Can't wait to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! A big girl bed and a twin bed for when you miss NC.

    ReplyDelete