Saturday, August 21, 2010

SLC!


Samuel and I left the comforts of my parents house on Thursday morning to do the drive to Salt Lake City. What should've taken us 8 hours took 9 due to endless construction and semi's.  As much as I love my subi, I will be happy to take a break from her for a while.

SLC has free concerts in the park every Thursday night, so it was inevitable that's what we'd be doing for the evening. I borrowed a bike from Annie & all of us rode downtown for the show. After spending the summer in such a small town it was a bit of a culture shock to be around that many people at once (about 30,000).

Since I'm just here for a short time I wanted to make sure I did all my favorite SLC things, including eating a the Chow Truck - or as I like to call it, Heaven on Wheels.  It's AMAZING and if I could transplant it to Missoula I would. My other favorite SLC thing is the Farmer's Market. Stacy, Tara, & I went down this morning with the pooches to walk around & eat some tasty grub. I couldn't resist getting my favorite honey and goat cheese.

There's no shortage of great entertainment at the farmer's market - including this guy. His blue grass (and overalls) made me feel like I was right back in the south. 

This is my other favorite cheese place at the farmer's market. I just love the pictures of all the happy cows the cheese comes from.

Anywho, Samuel and I will embark on the final stage of our summer adventures tomorrow. It will be nice to get to Missoula and get settled (and hopefully find a place to live).  And obviously, I can't wait until Joe gets back up there so we can all be together again.

With love from the S L C!
Jess

1 comment: