Thursday, September 9, 2010

Getting Settled

*Note: I wrote this the other day, then the internet I was stealing kicked me off.. :o(**

First of all, I apologize for not posting anything sooner. Unfortunately, it took 10 days before our internet could be hooked up due to how many people move around this time of year (and we live in a college town).  I've slowly been getting unpacked and settled into the new house. Tony, Judi, and one of their friends helped me get moved in a week & a half ago & I will forever be grateful for all their help!  I wasn't sure where I wanted anything to go, so we put all of our belongings in the living room!



I thought we had a lot of stuff, but boy was I wrong! There's lots of space yet to be filled in the new house.  One main thing being a kitchen table (which I'm still on the hunt for).  I was able to find a futon on craigslist for $20 to go in our office/guest room. So friends and family... COME VISIT!

(Sam kicking it on the porch)
In the midst of all the moving in madness I started school last week. I had a 9-hr orientation/retreat on the Saturday before classes which was long, but really fun. I'm only in school Monday - Wednesday, which doesn't sound like a lot, but when you factor in all the outside work it turns out to be like having a full time job!


All the work aside, I feel so lucky to have gotten into such an amazing program at a wonderful school like the University of Montana. My cohort is comprised of 15 individuals and everyone is really nice! Our professors are great as well. I know it'll be a lot of work, but I know I chose the best program for me.

Between all the schoolwork and unpacking Samuel and I have gotten out and explored Missoula a bit. The best thing about our house is that it's walking distance from everything! We go to the river and hang, porouse the downtown shops and go running on the Clark Fork River trail.


Sam also turned 2 on September 2nd. I didn't quite decorate or go all out as I did on his first birthday, but we still went on a really long walk around town and went to the Big Dipper for ice cream! (They give free complimentary "pup cones").  All the little kids thought it was so cute a dog was eating an ice cream cone.   I think he's finally starting to feel like he has a home again which is nice. 

(Fighting off boredom with a little photobooth action)

And most importantly.... JOE COMES HOME TONIGHT!!! I couldn't be more excited as I feel like now I can really make this house feel like a home. Not to mention it's been 3 1/2 weeks & I've really missed him.

Anywho, I'll post some more pictures of the place as we get the rest of these boxes unpacked.

With love from Missoula!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment