Monday, September 13, 2010

Hip Strip Fashion Show

Just before you hit the bridge over the Clark Fork to head to the heart of downtown you pass through a little area of shops called the "Hip Strip."  It's got all sorts of great local business (Edge of the World included).  Every year they do a block party where they shut down one of the streets and have a bunch of booths, music, food & whatnot.  They also do a fashion show which most of the shops (floral shop & bakery included) participate in. EOW is not exception. It was quite the event. All of the girls in the show went and got their hair & makeup done at BoomSwagger, the local salon.  Needless to say I was more than obsessed with my hair do, it was so much fun I didn't want to take it out!
We couldn't have been luckier with the weather after all the rain and cold of last week.
All the little boys were stoked on Joe as he walked by giving him high fives and yelling for him.  And I thought he did an awesome job!
I had to pull a quick clothing switch underneath the stage as I had to go back out in outwear with Cheyne, another EOW employee. 
I kept my hair in all the way until I had to go to bed last night. I was tempted to leave it in; unfortunately, I had to do my first interview for my Clinical Interviewing class & thought it would be a little too unprofessional if I showed up with half my head in corn rows.

Life in Missoula couldn't get much better than it is right now!

With love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment