Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stand Up Paddle Boarding!

Joe and I borrowed a couple Stand Up Paddle Boards from our friends at Strongwater today (Thanks KB!) and took them out to Frenchtown Pond.  I've been wanting to try SUP for a while & was super stoked when the opportunity presented itself. 
Getting up onto it wasn't as hard as I thought, but getting the dang thing to go the direction I wanted it to was another story. The multi-talented Joe was fine right away zipping around the pond (and falling off), but it definitely took me a while to get the hang of. 
(Capturing a "near fall" moment)

We each only fell off once, which surprised me, but we are definitely still beginners!  I can't believe people run rivers on these things. I couldn't help but think today how much fun these would've been to have in NC.  The other benefit of SUP is that it's a phenomenal workout! You really use every muscle in your body - down to your feet.  I can't wait to take these out again sometime!
(YAY! I'm doing it!)
(Joe showin off)

On another positive note - WE HAVE A KITCHEN TABLE! I am so excited! I found it at this awesome little consignment store earlier in the week. It's the perfect size for the space. Only downside it only had 3 chairs, but it won't really make a difference until we have company.  It still needs some table decorations & what not, but it's so nice to finally have a complete kitchen!


With love from Missoula!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment