Monday, July 19, 2010

Wasting Time

The last few days have been pretty mellow for me here in NC. Jess took off early Saturday morning flying out of Charlotte to Salt Lake City for Julie and Dan's wedding (Congratulations!!!) . That left Sam and I up in the mountains without a car. I ride a bike to work which is great on the way down, but uphill the whole way home. I have to stop and walk up the last few hundred yards of the driveway as it is really steep and my legs can no longer take it. I have also been working the shop the last few days which is not nearly as exciting as the river or rock. 

Yesterday I had the day off and fearing the ride home from downtown I decided to stick around the house. I borrowed three long movies from our friend Steve, The Last of the Mohicans, Braveheart, and Avatar.  Sam and I went on three walks, a run, fixed the driveway (the heavy rains and steep driveway provide for some gnarly ruts in the road), and played chuck it for an hour in the front yard. Despite all our activity yesterday, Sam still looked at me with the hope of adventure in his eyes this morning and I'm starting to go a little crazy. 

It rained really hard this morning and brought the water levels up a bit more today. Landon (an EOW employee and fellow kayaker) called to go run Wilson's Creek this afternoon, but I am working the shop today. More rain in the forecast for this week. Fingers crossed it pours everyday. 

Super jealous as Jess gets to see Kings of Leon tonight before flying out, but so excited to have her back tomorrow afternoon! 

Peace from the East! Riz 


No comments:

Post a Comment