Monday, July 5, 2010

US National Whitewater Center

Last Friday I had the day off during a super busy week so I decided to make the trip down to Charlotte, NC and the US National Whitewater Center. After picking up Landon in Boone, a buddy I met through EOW, we made the two hour trek to the park... The concrete ditch. 

The facility is like an amusement park for the outdoor enthusiast! Kayaking, rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, and running/walking all in one place. Super fun times! We paddled for about 4 hours until neither one of us had any energy left. The place is pretty similar to a ski resort in the fact you pay your toll, make laps, and hop on a conveyor belt that takes you back up to the top without getting out of your boat. With absolutely no water here in the south I may be making more often.   

Here are some pics I found on the web to give you a taste...






Peace and Love from the East! Riz 

No comments:

Post a Comment