Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Fun!

Banner Elk blew up with tourists this weekend! The boys at Edge have had full trips pretty much everyday & the restaurant has been full to capacity!  Joe and I got out & celebrated the 4th during the day before I had to head off to work. We went to nearby Wildcat Lake and took out the canoes, played a little volleyball, and laid in the sand. In the spirit of patriotism, we went out for some traditional southern BBQ at the Hampton Store and listened to some bluegrass. I couldn't have felt more American.




While I was at work Joe went with Jake & Danielle (and the kids) to another waterfall/swimming hole. I can't wait to go check it out!



I got off work last night around 9:45 and rushed to meet Joe & the Barrow family at Linville Ridge country club for some fireworks. I missed the first half, but what i saw was AMAZING! Hands down the best fireworks show I've ever seen!  Hope everyone had as great of a 4th of July as we did!

Love from the South!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment