Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back to city life - for a day at least.

Joe & I both had the day off on Monday & decided to drive the hour & a half to Asheville.  We've heard wonderful things about Asheville and it surely didn't disappoint. As much as I enjoy being in a small town, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the city at all. I love the sounds and smells of a bigger city. I didn't get a good picture of the city, but found a decent one online to give you an idea of what Asheville is like.


It reminded me a lot of a bigger Missoula or Boulder.  Joe and I found a FANTASTIC vegetarian restaurant downtown.  It's safe to say that it rivals Sage's in SLC for tastiness. Joe got some giant burrito thing & I got a "Sloppy Joe."  It was so pretty when it came out I had to take a picture of it.


After wandering downtown for a bit (and doing some window-shopping), Joe & I headed just outside of town to check out "shit-hole," a kayak wave at the ledges whitewater park. Unfortunately, levels weren't where they needed to be, so Joe didn't get a chance to paddle. Fortunately though for me, it's another excuse to head to Asheville!


No comments:

Post a Comment