Friday, November 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up

First of all, I apologize for the lack of updates - both Joe and I have been super busy.  Joe has been working 2 jobs and school has been crazy as the end of the semester is near.  So here are some updates from the great state of Montana!!

El dia de los muertos (aka the Day of the Dead)
Missoula holds a big day of the dead celebration including a parade! We went down and checked it out & it surely didn't disappoint! They closed the main road downtown and people lined the streets to watch the skeletons come down the road. The parade ended at Caras park where the celebration continued with African dance performances and fire dancers! Missoula definitely has a quirky charm that I just can't get enough of!



Happy Birthday Tony!

Joe's dad, Tony, turned 69 a couple of weeks ago and we went out to Hamilton to celebrate with him.  Judi made an amazing dinner of ribs, beans, rice & salad and finished it off with a tasty chocolate cake!  It's nice being so close to Tony & Judi.  We'll also be celebrating Thanksgiving out there with them which will be a blast!

Ninja Suit Awesomeness!

Ninja suits are one-piece base layers guaranteed to keep you warm & toasty the whole day on the hill (and keep snow outta your bum).  Joe got me one for my birthday this year knowing how cold I get.  He wanted one really bad himself, so I decided to order one for him too.  It came into the shop the other day & I couldn't wait until his birthday to give it to him.  Needless to say he was beyond stoked to get his.  Now if it would just snow some more, so we could wear them riding that would be great!
  


Other Random Happenings

Like I mentioned before, Joe has 2 jobs now. Besides working at EOW, he got a job working at the YMCA climbing wall.  He monitors the wall, sets routes, & get little kids pumped on climbing!  It's super rad & I'm stoked for him that he gets to do it.

Speaking of jobs, I officially joined the EOW family this week!  I'm bringing more of the lady vibe to the shop & getting girls stoked on shred.  It's really fun working with everyone and I'm helping Danielle with a "girls on shred" event this spring.  It definitely makes my schedule even more crazy, but it's nice to have something else besides school to focus on. 

Sam & Sundance continue to be BFF's with lots of play dates.  These 2 love each other more than any other 2 dogs I know!  D & Jake have been bringing Sundance down to the house occasionally to play with Sam while they work at the shop. It's great for both the dogs and nice for us so we don't have to worry about getting them out for exercise for the day.  The Barrow family is going out of town part of next week, so we'll be watching Sundance for a couple of days.  It will be so fun having both the dogs around.  


Again, I apologize for the lack of updates - life is sure crazy right now up in Missoula!  Hope all is well for everyone & pray for snow!!

With love from the zoo,

Jess, Joe & Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment